Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Teachers Who Hate to Teach Is A Failed Business Model

We all know about the Higher Education Bubble, right?  If you read Instapundit you do.  Well, here is another in the long list of Cassandras warning us of the impending explosion.  It doesn't break new ground, but I got a chuckle out of this line...
Law schools are run by the faculty for the faculty. A former colleague once put it like this: “If we could run this law school without students, this place would be perfect.”
You don't have to be on the inside to know that this attitude is pervasive.  I bought my first house from a college professor, and, while attempting to make small talk with him, I asked him what he taught.  His verbatim reply, "Teach?  Oh my, I don't teach!"

Any business where you hate your customers will ultimately fail.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home